AbacaRx Media Kit
This page contains resources for AbacaRx Telemedicine Inc. and brand information which may be used for editorial and publishing purposes.
If you are unable to find what you are looking for, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.
Please choose from one of the following options to help you navigate our media kit.
AbacaRx: The World’s first online Medical Marijuana Consultation and Recommendation Service.
Operating Name: AbacaRx
Legal Name: AbacaRx Telemedicine Inc.
AbacaRx™ is a trademark of AbacaRx Telemedicine Inc.
Contact: Kevin Lowe
Email: [email protected]
“The World’s first online medical marijuana consultation and recommendation service”
The AbacaRx online platform is designed to completely simplify how people connect to board-certified physicians that are educated on medical marijuana and are open to making recommendations regarding its use.
AbacaRx is a secure online platform that will connect people to board-certified physicians that understand the therapeutic aspects of medical marijuana and are open to making recommendations, all from the comfort of their own home. Patients and physicians will be able to connect through our App using their computer, tablet, or smartphone.
At AbacaRx, we truly believe that people should be able to easily access qualified physicians to find out if medical marijuana can help them. Our secure online platform will help connect people from the comfort and privacy of their own home with a board-certified physician that understands the therapeutic value of medical marijuana. Through our secure App people will be able to connect using their computer, smartphone, or tablet. Key App features include high definition video conferencing, medical records retention, an extensive marijuana education center, and much more!
The development of medical marijuana laws has been a grassroots movement that was started by the people to force change within our society. Indiegogo shares a very similar value in that it supports innovative and boundary pushing companies that are trying to gain momentum and get their ideas supported by people that can affect change. This is why we thought that our vision of connecting people with board certified physicians from the comfort of their own home, fits perfectly with the medical marijuana grassroots movement and Indiegogo’s Crowdfunding culture.
- The first online telemedicine service dedicated to connecting people to physicians that are educated on Medical Marijuana to get a recommendation.
- Telemedicine, itself, represents a new and innovative way to deliver healthcare and AbacaRx is pioneering a whole new application for its use.
- We provide a safe, discreet way for people to get a doctor consultation, advice and recommendation on the use of medical marijuana.
- There are currently 22 States and DC that have medical marijuana laws that require a doctor recommendation.
- In total, there are over 110 million Americans living in states that have medical marijuana laws.
- Founded in 2013, AbacaRx service is scheduled to begin in October 2014
- Indiegogo Campaign launched June 4th, 2014
- The medical marijuana industry in North America is topical today thanks to evolving laws, public opinion and entrepreneurship. AbacaRx is at the forefront of this emerging industry
- In 2008, there were 14,800 prescription painkiller deaths – CDC.gov
- No recorded cases of overdose deaths from cannabis have been found in extensive literature reviews – Harvard Medical School
- According to the FBI’s Uniform Crime Report, in 2012 there were over 658 thousand arrests for possession of marijuana.